February 16, 2010

Homeschooling your kids can be difficult some days it is true. However, there are some things that are not so difficult...

Today Savannah and I had the pleasure of doing our schoolwork in the beautiful afternoon spring time sun. We donned our bikes and backpack full of books, blanket and camera and headed to the park to enjoy the weather.

Our bikes (self explanatory) :0

Blanket and books.. again self explanatory

pencil bag (needs explaining)

Again, no explanation necessary

We began with spelling. Today was her first day with this new spelling list so I thought I would try something new. I asked her to spell the words for me before she wrote them all down and she only got 2 wrong!! Did I mention it was her first day?? Ya, I thought so. :-) She is the speller in the family.

Language words on this weeks list

After spelling it was time for a little teeter/totter break. Savannah says that this is the "best teeter totter ever"
Fun, Fun, Fun

I was not about to just take her word for it...of course I had to join her. You can't be a teeterer unless you have a totterer... :-)

Pic of me is a bit out of proportion, my buttocks and hips are not that big (I hope!)

I had to scoot up onto the side bars so Savannah could at least come close to hitting her tires. I am much bigger than her remember

notice how far she is from the tires... LOL


Then it was back to some math work, vocabulary, language and reading before we headed to join our friends for a lunch break. So, back on our bikes we went for the rest of the trek north to Target.

My view for the bike ride

It is a Super Target, so they have a little cafe and lots of yummy salads just perfect for a couple of girls getting in shape. Then of course what would a trip to target be without walking through the store to look at clearance items? Exactly!!

Here are our lunch dates. Shannon and Lindsey (Lacey is behind in the stroller)

So, that was our day today. Not bad for homeschooling huh? As a little note I will say that this is the first time we have gotten out like this in a LONG time. It was a great time and much overdue. I am thankful that I have the opportunity and freedom to have this type of fun and still make sure my kids receive a great education.

3 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Fun post and great pictures, Liz! :o) What a great day to be outside!!!

Well done! xo

Unknown said...

That is so cool - I totally wanted to work outside yesterday but it's a little hard to move a computer outdoors. :) Looks like you had a great day - can't wait to crop soon!

Marti said...

Sweet post! Sounds to me like you had a marvelous day! My bike ride wasn't nearly as exciting--30 minutes in front of the TV! The 5 miles I did ride would have gotten me to Target though!