February 25, 2010

Babysitting

My friend and her husband went out of town overnight this past weekend for a (late) Valentine date. Not that big of news right? Wrong! They have two young ladies that needed attention whilst they were out on their "tryst". Enter Me!! :-0

They arrived Sunday afternoon (11:30 to be exact) and left me their two little people. One young lady is 3 and the other lady is 10 months old. Now, let me remind you that my youngest is going to be 11 years old in a few months. It has been a LONG time since I have had such a big task in front of me.

We had all sorts of plans for the park and a picnic, but it rained and stopped that from happening. So, we got to hang out here around the house, which turned out okay, but things could have been a little more fun. My daughter helped with pretty much everything we did, so that was a big help. :-)

My friend picked them up again Monday evening around 8:30, so they were here for only 33 hours, but let me tell you that I have forgotten what it is like to be a mother of young children. Getting up at 4 in the morning and watching everything they do. No freedom to yourself.....I have regained my respect for young mothers and wonder what in the heck I did with my kids when they were little and how did I handle it??? I guess it is because I am older now and selfish and have self sufficient children. A person can get set in their ways you know??

Now, before I go on much further and this starts to sound like I had a bad time... let me just say that I LOVED every minute of it. (except the 4 am stuff). They were fun and funny and a joy to be with. I will also go publicly on the record here for the world to hear (well maybe not the whole world, since not that many people follow my blog) that I can't wait until I have grandkids of my own. :-) I have officially passed into the next phase of my life.... :-0 eek!!

So, I guess I have a point to this post.... for each of you reading, encourage a young mom when you see one. If possible, help them out with a few hours of watching their kids so they can get some time to themselves. Or, if you are a young mom yourself, God Bless you, you are doing a great job and you are loved! Thank you for pouring your heart into your little peoples lives.

A few pictures to share.....


Play with me Miss Liz

This was taken right before she jumped on Tim
and then her sister followed right behind her

Who couldn't love this face???
♥ ♥

Lindsey's attempt at self photography...
cute that she wanted to take this picture with her new best friend.. ;-)

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Aw. Sweet post and CUTE pictures. And I'm so proud that you are looking forward to being a grandmother, Liz. It makes me feel not so alone. lol :o) xo

Marti said...

Grandmother! The best title in the world! Kings, queens, presidents? Eat your hearts out!! I'm here to tell you--it's everything it's cracked up to be!!! xo