January 28, 2010

Vegas bound....

Yes, it is true. We are headed to Vegas this weekend. For our 19th anniversary Tim thought he would surprise me with a trip. Except he did not surprise me, (for those of you who know Tim, you know he does not do surprises well.) Let me back up a bit....

We were suppose to go to the snow to a friend of ours cabin this weekend for our anniversary. He usually works every weekend and does not get a chance to have a weekend away. And most of you know that me and snow do not mix. So, as I was sharing this with my husband, he said, "I have a surprise for you, we really are not going to the cabin, we are going to Vegas."

"What??" I say, "Why are you telling me now if it is a surprise?"

"Well, I wanted you to be able to pack appropriately. I thought we could go there for the weekend and see the Blue Man show."

That sounded exciting, but I still did not believe him. So, he proceeds to show me the website where he booked our room and the weekend (for a great price I might add).

I am really not a Vegas person, I don't drink, gamble or smoke, (not that those are the only things to do there, but really gambling is big on the list right?) but I am going to go and have a good attitude and enjoy some time away with my wonderful husband. We will get to walk around see some shows and shop and most importantly we won't have kids with us either.. :-)

So, talk to you "all" next week and hopefully I will have some great pics to post and a few great stories as well. Tim thinks he is going to hit it big.. :-)

4 comments:

Marti said...

Have a great time and be safe! And, honestly, you don't have to share "all" the details! And Happy Anniversary! xo

Unknown said...

Ew! Grandmother!

But anyway, I am SO excited for you guys! You will have a blast! I went before I was 21 with my dad, so I didn't do the drinking/gambling thing and it was still awesome. I can't wait to see the scrapbook you'll make! :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hooray for Tim-surprises! You were surprised, you just didn't have to wait until the last minute to find out! :o)

Have fun, you two! And happy anniversary! xoxo

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

PS: Get a good picture of the two of you for your blog banner!!! :o)