January 21, 2010

Favorite words??

Do you have any favorite words you love to use? I have so many that I cannot keep track of them all. Sometimes they come out when I am frustrated or happy, or just plain angry!!

I also have some that I make up myself..... the only problem with sharing them is that they come out spontaneously and trying to write them down or remember them is difficult.

One that I would like to share is already a word used by the French. I, however, use it a different way........

Très - very He is tres smart.

I like to say "tres", but I use it to say something is cute, or I love it. Maybe you would like to adopt this new word into your vocabulary or maybe not. :-) Although, if you are anything like me, sometimes words are catchy and they get under your skin before you know it.

Here are some other words my family likes to use quite often.

Tim = promise!!! (Pretty much uses this all the time)
Ryne = sick; like; no way
Savannah = stinkin'; promise (daddy's girl)

God has given us the beautiful gift of language to communicate with each other, lets try to keep our words edifying and good for each other even when we are angry, sad, or frustrated.

2 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Tres awesome post, Liz! :o)

Marti said...

I love it tres much!! xo