March 19, 2010

Relaxing day to read..... maybe!!

I had the day all planned out for reading the latest book from my favorite author...

But, I have kids and sometimes they have needs that require my attention... :-)

My son's truck needed a jump because we thought the battery was dead, so I spent my morning and into the afternoon getting that taken care of since he had to work... all to find out he needs a new starter. Thankfully we have a friend who not only can fix cars, he is very generous to fix ours as well. So, Tim will be headed that way tomorrow to get that fixed with Ryne.

Back to my day..... time to read now. For those of you who are curious, my all time favorite author is Francine Rivers. She is a Christian fiction author and I adore her writing style. I learn so much about history and God through her books. She has not had a new release in about 4 years, maybe longer, so you can see why I am a bit anxious to get started..

Until next time... :-)

3 comments:

Rhona said...

Thanks for mentioning about Francine River's new book. I have a friend who loves her books and it's her birthday early next month so I've just ordered it for her.

The Norman Clan said...

Hey Rhona... Thanks for visiting from Deb's page.. :-) If you need any more suggestions about Francine's books, let me know... Although, I would recommend ALL of them :-)

have a great day!

Marti said...

Ooooo--what's the name of it? I just got the latest Lauraine Snelling book--"No Distance Too Far"--book 2 of the Home to Blessing series. I'm with you on the historical inspirational fiction--my favorite reads!!! xo